Interfaith Friends, tomorrow’s TIANYS Public Session is being rescheduled for next Monday, 2/20 due to the WINTER STORM SNOW EMERGENCY.
According to Public Alerts, “a WINTER Storm Warning REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST MONDAY…
- Locations: Southern Adirondacks, Lake George Saratoga Region, Mohawk Valley, Capital Region, Schoharie Valley, Central and northeast Catskills, Northern and Central Taconics, Berkshires and Southern Vermont.
- Hazard types: Heavy Snow.
- Snow accumulations: Total of 8 to 14 inches, with the greatest accumulations across southern Vermont, and higher elevations of the southern Adirondacks.
- Maximum Snowfall Rate…1 to 2 inches per hour, mainly into this evening.
- Timing: Snow is expected to decrease in intensity late tonight. Additional periods of snow or snow showers are expected on Monday.
- IMPACTS: Snow covered roads and poor visibilities. Winds will increase becoming strong and gusty late tonight through Monday causing considerable blowing and drifting of snow. Some wind gusts could approach 50 mph Monday, leading to some downed tree limbs, trees, and scattered power outages.
- Winds: Southeast at 5 to 15 mph today, with gusts up to 25 mph possible across higher terrain of the southern Greens, Taconics, and Berkshires. Winds shift to the west to northwest late tonight and increase to 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. West to northwest winds will increase to 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph possible Monday.
- Temperatures: In the 20s to lower 30s.
- Visibilities: Occasionally under one mile.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel…keep an extra flashlight… food…and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.”
Hope everyone stays safe & warm!
-TIANYS Board of Directors